Friday, August 29, 2014

Staying Inside My Body

"Today, I will keep my energy in my body. I will stay focused and within my boundaries. God, help me let go of my need to escape myself. Help me face my issues so I am comfortable living in my body."--from The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

Sometimes when I share on Twitter or other social media it makes me feel ill. I think it has to do with putting too much energy out there, something along the lines of what Melody Beattie talks about in her entry on "Owning Our Energy" from The Language of Letting Go.

She says, "our energy spills out of us on to whomever. Our energy is our energy [my emphasis]. Our feelings, thoughts, issues, love, sexuality; our mental, physical, spiritual, sexual, creative, and emotional energy is ours."

I don't intentionally try to invade others' boundaries with my energy. I just want to express myself and I think sometimes just the unintended consequence is that you can't just express yourself willy nilly without other people being affected by the energy you're putting out.

So, it's a fine line. How to express oneself
without overstepping others' boundaries, or your own?

No comments: