Friday, January 4, 2013

Finding Strength in Admitting Weakness

There were a couple times early in the week that I had major difficulty staying abstinent. I even had the thought at one point, "What would be the big deal really of having a 'minor' binge? I could get right back on track."

Then immediately afterward I thought, "But then you'd just be back in the very spiral/cycle that you have been in your whole life. You deserve better than that."

If I ever did binge again I would have to go right back to Step One, admitting my powerlessness over food. Why not just continue to reinforce that to myself now and use that admission as a way of preventing a relapse?



I am so powerless over food that my disease wants to convince me that I could have "just one binge here and there" and that that would be okay. ???? Funny disease, silly addiction-wired brain. Might as well fess up to my insanity here too while I'm at it (see Step Two). :)

No comments: